Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'm going to give up on the Knit Picks Harmony set. While knitting a clapotis Thursday night I had another tip separate from the metal cup. This time I almost lost stitches. This makes the 4th set of tips with which I have had problems. There are many things I like about the Harmony needles. I like having an interchangeable set, it is cheaper than having to buy a comparable set of fixed circular needles. They are warm, I like the feel of wood, and they are pretty. Knit Pick's customer service is excellent. Every time I called in the past with a problem they sent replacement tips out immediately.

The problem isn't getting a replacement tip. I might even call Knit Picks to get the tips replaced. For the moment, I ordered fixed circulars. The problem is, I like to knit. It is my activity in the evening after the children go to bed that helps me unwind. It is what I like to do in the middle of the day to take a break from work. I don't like having to be nervous about whether or not I'm going to lose stitches because a tip came apart and I don't like having to put projects aside because I have to wait for replacements to arrive.

No comments: