Monday, September 15, 2008

This time with feeling

I'm reading Knitting Rules! by the Yarn Harlot. She's right, you can't explain stash to non-knitters. Ever notice when mentioning you knit to a non-knitter they give you a look? Ever sit in Starbuck's sipping a beverage and working on your knitting and notice that you will be interrupted? Not that I mind, but knitting in peace hasn't happened yet.

I finally placed my Knit Picks order. Sorry for taking so long JL. I ordered the size 6 Harmony Interchangeable and a 32" cable. I'm looking forward to comparing the feel of the harmony wood to the Addi Turbo nickel. Afterwards, I will make a decision about which set I'm going to buy.

I almost didn't knit tonight. I caught something from my DD. But, I kept looking at my knitting bag and just had to pick something up.

On My Sticks
Ruffles Scarf
This is officially on my sticks. I cast-on last night. I am using size 7 Addi Turbo 16" circulars. I love these needles. How could I have gone so long without using them. I like them even though I am a newbie knitter. I can tell when I get better and faster projects are going to fly off the sticks. I used them for 30 minutes and I don't seem to be melting them. Once I get into a rhythm this should be an easy pattern to knit. I'm just not fast at working the short rows and this pattern is nothing but short rows. The pattern calls for 3 skeins, but since this is really just for busting stash, I'm going to use the 2 skeins of Classic Elite Inca Alpaca and bind it off.

No comments: