Sunday, September 7, 2008

September Sit 'n Knit

Today I was able to attend a local sit 'n knit with a friend. It was nice to sit, have coffee and knit with a friendly group.

One of the ladies was kind enough to bring her Knit Picks interchangeable needles with her for me to have a look. She has both the wood (Harmony) and metal (Options) interchangeables. I believe she has a full set of the Options and buys the Harmonay on an as needed basis. I was more interested in the Harmony since it is turning out that I drift towards wood rather than metal needles. The Harmony options are not as loud as I thought they would be. The needles are quite pretty and not distracting at all. They are smooth to the touch. They scream, "Knit with me! You know you want to." I have to agree with her that they tend to be dark and someone knitting a lace project with dark fiber would go blind using these needles. I love the Options also but, given that I tend to melt metal, I don't think they would work for me. Yes, I melt metal. When I played flute in elementary and middle schools, I left fingerprint impressions in my flute keys. I think a set of Harmony interchangeable needles is in my near future.

On my sticks
Absolutely Fierce Arm Warmers
During the meet, I cast on the second arm warmer. Somehow I ended up dropping a stitch. Since I had not progressed too far -- only 4 rows -- I decided to frog the whole thing and start again. I have instructed my friend that the next time I pick up size 2 needles to do a 1x1 rib to please slap me, and slap me hard.

No comments: